in conjunction with the
31st International Conference on
Database and Expert Systems Applications
September 14 - 17, 2020
Proposal submission deadline: February 15, 2020
Workshop selection notification: February 20, 2020
Submission of Full Papers (recommended): April 6, 2020
Notification of Acceptance (recommended): May 20, 2020
Camera-ready Copies and Registration of Participation: June 19, 2020
For further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The DEXA2020 Organizing Committee invites proposals for the Workshop Program to be held on September 14 - 19, 2020 in parallel to the main technical program of the DEXA conferences. The main goal of the DEXA2020 workshops is to stimulate and facilitate an active exchange, interaction, and comparison of approaches, methods, and ideas about specific (both theoretical and applicative) topics in the general area of Information Science.
Workshops should be organized to facilitate informal discussion and active engagement among attendees. Members from all areas of the Information Science community are invited to submit workshop proposals for review. Workshops on new emerging topics or specific relevant aspects of broader topics are particularly encouraged. Workshops can vary in length, but most will be one full day in duration. Workshop organizers and attendees must register for their workshop and are permitted to join the main DEXA conference.
Requirements for Submissions
To propose a workshop in DEXA2020, you will submit a complete workshop proposal containing the following information:
The title of the workshop;
- A one page (max.) description of the technical issues that the workshop will address;
- The statements:
- How is the workshop relevant to, and complementary with, the main conference?
- Why is the workshop of particular significance at this time?
- The names, affiliations, postal address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of the workshop organizers (It is expected that organizers will be recognized experts in the related fields, and the organizing committee should include individuals from multiple institutions);
- A list of potential program committee members, including their affiliations;
- The expected number of attendees (estimating minimum and maximum values);
- Description of paper review process and acceptance standards;
- A draft workshop call for papers;
- The expected date and duration of the workshop;
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to the DEXA Conference Organisation Office (email@example.com), in plain ASCII text, no later than February 15th, 2020.
Proposers will be notified of the committee's decision no later than February 20, 2020
The selection of the workshops to be included in the final DEXA program will be based upon multiple factors, including: the scientific/technical interest of the topics, the quality of the proposal, balance and distinctness of workshop topics, and the capacity of the conference workshop program.
Responsibilities of DEXA and of Workshop Organizers
For all accepted proposals, DEXA will be responsible for:
- Setting up a web site for the workshop;
- Providing conference online submission system for paper upload and review process (obligatory)
- Providing logistic support and a meeting place for the workshop;
- Providing electronic registration system
- Together with the organizers, determining the workshop date and time;
- Publication of the papers in the proceedings of DEXA2020 Workshops with Springer CCIS.
Workshop organizers will be responsible for the following:
- Advertising the workshop and issuing a call for participation/papers;
- Collecting and evaluating submissions using the DEXA conference online submission system (mandatory), notifying authors of acceptance or rejection in due time, and ensuring a transparent and fair selection process. All workshop organizers are recommended to adopt the following deadlines for submissions and notifications of acceptance.
- Submission of Full Papers: April 6, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: May 20, 2020
- Camera-ready Copies: June 19, 2020
- Ensuring that the workshop organizers and the participants get registered to the workshop by registering to DEXA’19.
- Accepted workshops are entitled to receive a free registration(s) which depends on the number of accepted and registered papers
DEXA reserves the right to cancel any workshop if the above responsibilities are not fulfilled, or if too few attendees register for the workshop.
A Min Tjoa, Technical University of Vienna, Austria