22nd International Conference on Big Data Analytics and Knowledge Discovery - DaWaK 2020
Paper submission: March 16, 2020
Notification of acceptance: May 20, 2020
Camera-ready copies due: June 19, 2020
All accepted conference papers will be published in a volume of "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" (LNCS) by Springer. Workshops papers will be published in a volume of "Communications in Computer and Information Science" (CCIS) by Springer. All published papers will be indexed appropriately in all major indexes. Selected high-quality papers will be invited to be published, after revision and extension, in special issues of international journals.
The annual DaWaK conference is a high-quality forum for researchers, practitioners and developers in the field of Big Data Analytics, in a broad sense. The objective is to explore, disseminate and exchange knowledge in this field through scientific and industry talks. The conference covers all aspects of DaWaK research and practice, including data lakes (schema-free repositories), database design (data warehouse design, ER modelling), big data management (tables + text + files), query languages (SQL and beyond), parallel systems technology (Spark, MapReduce, HDFS), theoretical foundations and applications, bringing together active researchers from the database systems, cloud computing, programming languages and data science communities worldwide.
- Theoretical Models for Extended Data Warehouses and Big Data
- Parallel Processing
- Parallel DBMS technology
- Schema-free data repositories
- Modelling diverse big data sources (e.g. text)
- Conceptual Model Foundations for Big Data
- Query Languages
- Query processing and Optimisation
- Cost Models for advanced optimisation
- Semantics for Big Data Intelligence
- Data warehouses, data lakes
- Big Data Storage and Indexing
- Big Data Analytics: algorithms, techniques, and systems
- Big Data Quality and Provenance Control
- Distributed system architectures
- Exploiting hardware to accelerate processing: multicore CPUs, cache memory, GPUs
- Cloud Infrastructure to manage big data
- Scalability and Parallelisation using MapReduce, Spark and related systems
- Graph analytics, including social networks and the Internet
- Big Data Search and Discovery
- Big Data Management for Mobile Applications
- Analytics for Unstructured, Semi-structured, and Structured Data
- Analytics for Temporal, Spatial, Spatio-temporal, and Mobile Data
- Analytics for Data Streams and Sensor Data
- Analytics for Big Multimedia Data
- Real-time/Right-time and Event-based Analytics
- Privacy and Security in Analytics
- Big Data Application Deployment
- Pre-processing and data cleaning to build analytic data sets
- Integration of Data Warehousing, OLAP Cubes and Data Mining
- Analytic workflows
Authors are invited to electronically submit original research contributions or experience reports in English. DaWak will accept submissions of both short and full papers.
- Short papers: up to 10 pages on preliminary work, vision papers or industrial applications
- Full paper: up to 15 pages and papers are expected to be more mature, contain more theory or present a survey (tutorial style) of some interesting topic.
Any submission that significantly exceeds length limits or deviates from formatting requirements may be rejected without review. The submitted manuscript should closely reflect the final paper as it will appear in the Proceedings.
Formatting guidelines: http://www.dexa.org/formatting_guidelines
Online Papers Submission: to be announced
Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Duplicate submissions are not allowed and will be rejected immediately without further review.
Authors are expected to agree to the following terms: "I understand that the submission must not overlap substantially with any other paper that I am a co-author of or that is currently submitted elsewhere. Furthermore, previously published papers with any overlap are cited prominently in this submission."
Questions about this policy or how it applies to a specific paper should be directed to the PC Co-chairs.
Authors of selected papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in:
Data & Knowledge Engineering, DKE, Elsevier
All accepted conference papers will be published in a volume of "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" (LNCS) by Springer Verlag. Authors of all accepted papers must sign a Springer copyright release form. Papers are accepted with the understanding that at least one author will register for the conference to present the paper.
Authors of selected papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in Data & Knowledge Engineering, DKE, Elsevier. The submitted extended versions will undergo a further review process. Both full and short papers have the opportunity to be invited for journal submission, based on the quality of the presentation at the conference.
Thomas Natschläger, Software Competence Center Hagenberg (SCCH), Austria (email@example.com)
Il-Yeol Song, Drexel University, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Min Song, Yonsei University, South Korea (email@example.com)
For further inquiries, please contact the DaWaK 2020 PC chairs.