166 27 Prague 6
location: CTU campus, building F3
University History in Brief
Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU) is a continuation of the Professional Engineering School, founded in 1707 on the basis of the Emperorís decree and transformed into Prague Polytechnic in the years 1803 - 1806. At that time Prague Polytechnic was the only school of higher technical education in the Austrian empire. In 1863, Prague Polytechnic was transformed into a technical university headed by a rector. At that time the studies were divided into 4 specialisations: Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering and Architecture.Since 1920 the schoolís name has been the Czech Technical University in Prague.