DEXA 2009 will be held on the Campus of the Johannes Kepler University of Linz
You can reach the University
The campus is right next to the "Dornach" exit of the A7 – Mühlkreisautobahn, with Passau, Salzburg and Vienna all being roughly a 1:30 hour's drive away.
Linz is a railway hub with Intercity lines connecting it to Vienna, Salzburg/Munich, Passau/Nürnberg and Prag. See the timetable of Austrian Railways for connections. From the railway station (Linz Hauptbahnhof), you can use
- a taxi (approx. 15 minutes)
- a non-stop speed bus (only in the early morning)
- public transport (approx. 40 minutes):
- purchase MIDI ticket from ticket machine at tram stop in front of railway station;
- take the tram line 1 or 2 (direction "Universität");
- get off at last stop ("Universität")
- from there, it is a 5-minutes walk (see map above) to the conference location.
Linz has an international Airport in Hörsching, which connects the city to major capitals in Europe. Austrian Airlines Group, which is a member of the Star Alliance group offers frequent flights from/to Linz. For further information on time tables for flight, on how to get from the airport to the city center and related information, please visit the homepage of the airport.
Linz – Location & Travelling
Linz is located in Upper Austria, about 1.5 hours by car/train from Vienna and about 1 hour from Salzburg. Linz has an international airport, Linz Hörsching, with daily flights to/from major European Capitals. For getting around in Linz, the Linz AG Linien offer fast and efficient connections by tram and bus.
Getting to Linz