Austria is part of the European Union and has signed the Schengen agreement. For participants from Non-EU countries, we recommend to check for visa requirements with the Austrian Embassy Representative in your country or to visit (Passport & Visa Requirements) for a quick overview.
Should authors and speakers at DEXA 2009 and related workshops need a letter of invitation from the organizers of the conference for filing a visa request, please send an email to the Conference organization office, Gabriela Wagner (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include the following information when you ask for the letter:
- Affiliation (university/institution/company)
- Contact address
- Fax number (where the invitation letter will be faxed)
- Address/phone number/fax number of the Austrian Embassy where you want to place the application
- E-mail address
- Paper ID
- Paper title
- Registration confirmation number
- Date and place of birth
- Passport Number
- Date and place of Issue of the passport
- Expiration date of the Passport
Please notice that visa invitation letters will ONLY be issued to participants who have registered and paid their registration fees in full.